Welcome to the Algoma Kewaunee Area Great Lakes Sport Fisherman (AKAGLSF) Club website. We are an organization that was formed in 1987 by individuals dedicated to supporting the Great Lakes. We are a corporation organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Surface temperature maps
AKAGLSF club has since grown and continues to play a significant role in maintaining a world class fishery in Lake Michigan. Some of the projects that our club either directly volunteered for and/or sponsored were:
- Donated a chambered vacuum Sealer to Salmon-A-Rama for the Veterans outing and Community give back.
- Support the Denmark High School Ice Fishing Club in WIFA fishing contest and community events.
- Building net pens used to raise salmon and trout
- Support the Adopt A Sturgeon Program & Besadny Open House – 1st Weekend in October
- Purchased and installed a new message board for the City of Kewaunee boat ramp
- Building Life Ring boxes for the local marinas
- Installing an antenna in Stoney Creek to allow a graduate student to study fish movement
- Giving away three $1,000 scholarships to local high school graduates each spring
- Sponsoring multiple tournaments thought out the year.
Want To Help?
With your help and donations AKAGLSF will continue to work hard to preserve Lake Michigan and help our local communities.